Sunday 17 September 2017

Felting Sweaters, the Extreme Edition

 I have in the past intentionally shrunk (fulled, felted) wool sweaters to make them smaller or more dense. The results have always been positive.

Until today.

Bahahah! This is too small for even my youngest nephew. Maybe I can make it into a hat.

I haven't posted for ages and while I haven't sewn anything new (except a plaid wool skirt in May that I haven't worn yet because, well, summer) I have been working on the list of items I wanted to fix last summer and have made progress there. One of these days I'll blog about it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! That has really shrunk hasn't it? At least it will be properly felted and thick. Maybe you could make a bag with it, or some slippers. Nice to hear that you are making progress with your sewing. Your plaid wool skirt sounds lovely for this time of year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that was a first. I was truly surprised (and disappointed) when I pulled it out of the dryer. It's looking at me now going, "well?".

      Delete
  2. Oops, maybe a bag? I just recently made a wool bag from fulled fabric I'd woven and it's lovely and dense, it's now my spinning supplies bag to take to guild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I just found this. We went away right after this was published.
      The sweater will be used for something. Before I turn it into a bag or mittens I'm going to see if it fits a friends son. It's likely to be very warm so I would be nice if it were used as a sweater.

      Delete